Where steam engines were turning until the 1980s
In 1887 the BW Rochlitz was established at this location as part of the Muldenthal-Eisenbahn-Aktiengesellschaft. Through constant expansion as a steam locomotive works as well as a small iron and switch workshop, the company premises with its characteristic roundhouse were created by 1936.
At the beginning of the 1970s, a Ratiomittelwerkstatt was set up by DR. A construction department was created as a branch of the Wülknitz superstructure of the Dresden Reichsbahn Directorate.
In 1994 the company was privatised by Peter Möser and Mr. Girke to become "Girke&Möser GmbH". At the beginning of the 21st century, the company - now called "Möser Maschinenbau GmbH" - acquired the company premises including the railway tracks from DB. Since 2016 100% of the company shares have been held by Stefan Möser in the course of the generational change.